Thursday, November 8, 2007

Entertainment Software Rating Board

My boys are huge fans of video games. The 14-year olds push the limits, as teenagers like to do, and ask for games unfamiliar to me. What's a mom to do when she wants to protect her children from inappropriate images and sounds?

That's when I rely on the rating systems provided by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). Each game is rated into one of six categories (ages 3+, 6+, 10+, 17+ and 18+). If you have children and you are concerned about what they see and hear, you can check out all the information provided in the links above. I know I will be educating myself more on this issue.

Last weekend, I heard Kim Komando on the radio advise parents to avoid five particular new video games. Click and read what she has to say about them.

As I tell my children, "you can't unsee things," so be careful what you allow them to see in the first place.

No comments: